Munro Enterprises, LLC Privacy Notice
Last updated: June 21, 2023. To see what has changed, click here.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Munro Enterprises, LLC Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Munro Enterprises, LLC Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Munro Enterprises, LLC?
- EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does Munro Enterprises, LLC Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Munro Enterprises, LLC experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Munro Enterprises, LLC, or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Amazon.com on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Munro Enterprises, LLC or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, click here.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Amazon.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as 1-Click purchasing, Recommended for You, and personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Munro Enterprises, LLC Associates with content served by Munro Enterprises, LLC and Web sites using Checkout by Amazon payment service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Munro Enterprises, LLC Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Munro Enterprises, LLC controls that either is subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Munro Enterprises, LLC or sell offerings to you at Munro Enterprises, LLC. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. Click here for some examples of co-branded and joint offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Munro Enterprises, LLC customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Amazon.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Munro Enterprises, LLC and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Amazon.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at Munro Enterprises, LLC, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads policy.
Which Information Can I Access?
Munro Enterprises, LLC gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Munro Enterprises, LLC for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples, the list of which will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Munro Enterprises, LLC features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Munro Enterprises, LLC, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use the personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use Munro-Enterprises.com?
Munro Enterprises, LLC does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Munro Enterprises, LLC only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
Munro Enterprises, LLC, Inc. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks. Click here to learn more.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Munro Enterprises, LLC, your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concerns about privacy at Munro Enterprises, LLC, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information
- Conditions of Use
- Discussion Boards
- Community Rules
- Help department
- Most Recent Purchases
- Your Profile and Community Guidelines
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Munro Enterprises, LLC or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services such as Amazon Instant Video; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; and employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone numbers; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in 1-Click settings; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. For information about specific devices, click here. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiary, Alexa Internet; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
Examples of businesses with which we offer joint or co-branded products and other offerings include Starbucks, OfficeMax, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, J&R Electronics, Eddie Bauer, and Northern Tool + Equipment.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Munro Enterprises, LLC include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book, and 1-Click settings); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries); Seller accounts; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Listmania lists, Reminders, personal profile, and Wish List).